in

Prince Harry, Elton John, Elizabeth Hurley Sue The Daily Mail Publisher For “Gross Breaches Of Privacy” Including The Hiring Of Private Investigators

gettyimages-1421532843-612x612
DUSSELDORF, GERMANY – SEPTEMBER 06: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex holds a dog as he meets members of the public as they leave the town hall during the Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023 – One Year To Go events, on September 06, 2022 in Dusseldorf, Germany. The Invictus Games is an international multi-sport event first held in 2014, for wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women, both serving and veterans. The Games were founded by Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex who’s inspiration came from his visit to the Warrior Games in the United States, where he witnessed the ability of sport to help both psychologically and physically. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images for Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023)

 

 

A group including Prince Harry, Elton John and Elizabeth Hurley are suing the publishers of The Daily Mail, saying they are “the victims of abhorrent criminal activity and gross breaches of privacy” including the hiring of private investigators. The group also includes actor Sadie Frost, John’s partner David Furnish and British campaigner Doreen Lawrence In a press release from Prince Harry and Frost’s lawyer Hamlins in the past hour, it was alleged that Associated Newspapers, publishers of The Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday and The Mail Online, hired private investigators to secretly place listening devices inside people’s homes and cars. The lawsuit also says Associated Newspapers commissioned individuals to listen to private telephone calls, paid police officials “with corrupt links to private investigators” for inside information and impersonated individuals to obtain medical records. It alleges bank accounts were accessed “through illicit means and manipulation.” ” The alleged crimes represent the tip of the iceberg,” added the press release.” [The six] have banded together to uncover the truth and hold the journalists responsible fully accountable, many of whom still hold senior positions of authority and power today.” This isn’t the first time Prince Harry has launched a lawsuit against Associated Newspapers and he won a court battle earlier this year for an article alleging he attempted to keep details of his legal battle to reinstate his police protection secret from the public. His wife Meghan Markle has also won a libel battle against the same publisher. Today’s suit has shades of the UK phone hacking scandal of 10 years ago, in which dozens alleged to have had their phones hacked by tabloid journalists. The scandal ended up bringing down the Rupert Murdoch-owned News of the World newspaper and its story is currently being developed into a TV drama by the BBC. A spokesman for Associated Newspapers said the group “utterly and unambiguously refute these preposterous smears which appear to be nothing more than a pre-planned and orchestrated attempt to drag the Mail titles into the phone hacking scandal concerning articles up to 30 years old.” “These highly defamatory and unsubstantiated claims– based on no credible evidence– appear to be simply a fishing expedition by claimants and their lawyers, some of whom have already pursued cases elsewhere,” he added.

Written by Sanjay

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Loading…

0

Jada Pinkett Smith to release memoir in fall 2023

John Waters Back In Director’s Chair For ‘Liarmouth; Indie Icon Writing/Helming for Village Roadshow Entertainment